I wish we could fall in love again.
The Angel says, "Move on with life girl. Haven't you forgot about it already?"
The Devil says, "Look, _____ back in your life, isn't this a sign for you to try again?"
The Angel retorts, "Isn't this history repeating itself? You're going to let this happen all over again?"
Sneering, the Devil whispered, "I know your inner most desires. You want to relive those memories once more. Am I not right?"
The Angel sighed, "You know the consequences. You've been there, done that. Why put yourself through all the pain. Again?"
The Devil pressed on, "It's not history repeating itself. You haven't try yet. Give yourself another chance, give _____ another chance."
And so they fight...
As for me, I'm just staring back up at them, wondering, "And I thought it was all settled already?"
Yes, you could reminisce about the happy times gone by. But just stop there. Don't ask for more. Instead, create more happy moments, rather then yearning for more of those memories long gone.
"Give us another chance."
"Too late."
"I'm sorry."
Easier said then done.
I miss... you.
No comments:
Post a Comment